It’s no secret that sparkling wine is a staple for any celebration, but did you know you can indulge your bubbles craving in Calistoga? Though there are a limited number of Calistoga wineries that produce this effervescent wine made in the traditional method of Champagne, there are a number of excellent options. From boutique wineries with small case production to major producers such as the world-renowned Schramsberg Vineyards, you are sure to find the perfect bubbly to suit your needs.
- Brian Arden Winery: One of the newest wineries in Calistoga, Brian Arden Winery features a rustic modern tasting room adjacent to Solage, An Auberge Resort. Toast to the wonderful view of the Palisades Mountains with a glass of bubbly! (Sparkling wine available on a limited, sometimes seasonal basis.)
- Castello di Amorosa: Modeled after a 13th-century Tuscan castle, take a guided tour of the “Castle of Love” and be whisked away to the romance (and torture chambers) of the Middle Ages.
- Schramsberg Vineyards: One of the historic crown jewels of Calistoga, Schramsberg Vineyards produces a wide selection of sparkling wines, such as brut, blanc de blancs, blanc de noirs, brut rosé, cremant demi-sec and more. The historic tour inside the moss-dripped wine caves is almost as good as the sips of sparkling guests enjoy at the end of the cave tour. The start of the tour highlights photographs of Schramsberg-served White House state dinners!
- Sterling Vineyards: Ride the aerial tram up to the winery for one of the best views in the Napa Valley. Celebrate your visit to this legendary wine-growing region with a glass of prosecco or brut as you admire the spectacular vista.
- Tank Garage Winery: The quintessential quirky Calistoga winery, Tank Garage is located inside a 1930s gas station. They produce primarily limited edition red blends, but occasionally you’ll be treated to an unusual sparkling experience, such as the 2017 California Love sparkling blend made from riesling, gewurtztraminer and pinot gris. (Sparkling wine available on a limited, sometimes seasonal basis.)
Bonus! Many wineries experiment with new and different varietals every year, so with each new vintage comes new producers of sparkling wine. New to Calistoga is Girard Winery, which also produces a lovely sparkling varietal.
Should you need an excuse to celebrate on a weeknight, head to Veraison for Bubbly Monday every other week: bring a bottle of your new favorite Calistoga sparkling wine to share and enjoy free oysters from 5:00-6:30 pm!