SARAFORNIA (Art | Music | Food | Wine)
April 5 – 8, 2018
A four day grassroots celebration of Calistoga’s bohemian spirit.
- ENGAGE Art Fair: A unique and interactive showcase of local and Bay Area artists.
- FLOWER BOMB: An exhibition featuring floral interpretations of contemporary artworks.
- STORYTELLING SPEAKEASY: A curated presentation of storytelling, poetry and live music in the style of popular podcasts This American Life and The Moth.
- CREATIVITY CRAWL: A series of open houses and receptions at downtown art galleries, shops and tasting rooms.
- ART IN BLOOM: Family-friendly art activities presented by Calistoga Art Center.
Enter to win a getaway in Calistoga during SARAFORNIA!
- * Two night stay at Calistoga Motor Lodge & Spa for Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7
- * Tickets for two to the ENGAGE Art Fair Preview Party on Friday night
- * Private tasting for two at Romeo Vineyards & Cellars, featuring indoor murals and outdoor painted tiles by world renowned artist, Carlo Marchiori
Limit one entry per person. Must be 21 years of age or older to win. Entries close Feb. 23, 2018.
ENGAGE Art Fair
Preview Party: Friday, April 6, 2018
Art Fair: April 7 – 8, 2018
This annual, curated and immersive event features some of the Bay Area’s best artists, craftspeople and performers who come to Calistoga to meet, create and engage with the public.
Napa County Fairgrounds
1435 North Oak Street, Calistoga, CA
Photos © Bob McClenahan and Alexander Rubin
Opening Reception: Thursday, April 5, 2018
Exhibition: April 6 – April 8, 2018
Flower Bomb is an exhibit of contemporary artworks paired with floral arrangements in a professional gallery setting. This event was inspired by the De Young Museum’s annual Bouquets to Art exhibit, but perfectly and succinctly captures the vibrant spirit of Calistoga.
Hosted at Sofie Contemporary Arts
1407 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA
Photos © Robb McDonough
Saturday, April 7, 2018
The Storytelling Speakeasy features writers and raconteurs telling stories about Calistoga, the Valley and living life on the edge. In addition to spoken word, musical numbers are performed between speakers to cleanse the mental palate.
Hosted at Tank Garage Winery
1020 Foothill Boulevard, Calistoga, CA
Speakers Organized by Nick Triglia
Video courtesy of Olivia Everett