The Fastest Route to Calistoga:
(download PDF version)
Calistoga is 30 minutes from Charles M. Schultz Sonoma County Airport
Just a scenic 90-minute drive from San Francisco and Sacramento, and 25 minutes from Santa Rosa, Calistoga is centrally located between Napa and Sonoma counties.
From San Francisco
1. Get on to 101 N towards the Golden Gate Bridge (Toll).
2. Take 101 N past Santa Rosa and take the Mark West Springs East to Calistoga
3. Follow Mark West Springs as it turns into Porter Creek Road
4. Turn Left on Petrified Forest Road
5. Turn Right on Foothill Boulevard, and your here!
From the East Bay
1. Get onto 880 to 80E towards Sacramento and cross the Carquinez Straights Bridge (Toll)
2. Take CA-37W toward Napa
3. Take exit 19 for CA-29/Sonoma Blvd toward Napa
4. Follow CA-29N all the way into Calistoga. Can’t miss it!
1. Get onto I-80 W
2. Get onto CA-12 W/Jameson Canyon Rd toward Napa
3. Turn right CA-29 N
4. Follow CA-29N all the way into Calistoga. We can’t wait to see you!!
From the North Coast
1. Get onto US-101 S/Redwood Hwy
2. Take exit River Road exit just before you hit Santa Rosa
3. Turn left. River Road becomes Mark West Springs Rd after you cross 101
4. Continue onto Porter Creek Rd
5. Turn left onto Petrified Forest Rd
6. Turn right onto Foothill Blvd
7. Turn left onto Lincoln Ave. Welcome!
Other Transportation Options
From the Bay Area
Calistoga is served by, Route 29, The Vine Express, all the way from El Cerrito Bart and from Vallejo Ferry Terminal. This bus is a commuter bus and operates in the early morning and the late afternoon, Monday through Friday. Calistoga is also served by, Route 10 and 11 combined, seven days a week, all day and including weekends. Go to www.ridethevine.com and www.baylinkferry.com for schedules.
From Marin County
Coming up from San Francisco through Marin County, go to www.GoldenGateTransit.org for schedules. However, there is NO public transit going to Calistoga from Santa Rosa. Taxi service or tour and transportation companies are your ONLY option.
From Lake County
Calistoga is served by, Route 3 of Lake County Transit. Call 707-263-3334 or go to www.laketransit.org
If you put your departure and arrival addresses onto the homepage www.511.org the different options will come up between buses, train, taxi, and walking.