The Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Helena and Calistoga (BGCSHC) is a chartered affiliate of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America system (BGCA). The first “Boys Club” was founded in Hartford, CT in 1860. The National organization was founded in 1906, and chartered by the Congress of the United States in 1956. The National headquarters is located in Atlanta, GA.
BGCA is comprised of approximately 1,2,00 chartered organizations and 4,200 Clubs.
Clubs are traditional (building centered, like our St. Helena Club), in schools (like our Calistoga Club at Calistoga Elementary School), in churches, in public housing, in community centers (like our Calistoga Teen Center at the Monhoff Center Annex) on Native lands and on US military bases both foreign and domestic. There are approximately 50,000 BGCA employees (FT and PT), 200,000 volunteers (Board members and program volunteers), and total combined budgets exceed $1.7 billion.