Silverado Ace Hardware store’s roots in Calistoga history go back to the 1860’s. In the last 150 years the store has been known by several different names; including Franklin & Hauge, C.M. Hoover Company, Alm & Ames, Cropp Hardware & Plumbing and finally Silverado Ace Hardware. In 1963 Howard Petersen, vowing never to shovel snow again, moved his family from Chicago, Illinois to Calistoga, California and purchased Silverado Hardware. Howard & Elaine Petersen’s sons, Mark & Tim, joined the family business in the early ’70’s and continue its operation to this day. They moved the store to its current larger location in 1977. The store continues to grow and evolve, adding and expanding lines to meet the needs of the community. Committed to being “the Helpful Place” by offering their customers knowledgeable advice, helpful service and quality products.