Summers Estate Wines
22+ acres of vines (Zinfandel, Charbono, and Cabernet Sauvignon) at Summers Estate Wines brings a perfect balance of pleasure and productivity.
The signature “unique” wine offered by Summers is, Charbono. The name is thought to be an early Italian immigrant version of Charbonneau, a French varietal. Some strongly believe that this variety is a close relative to the Dolcetto variety, widely grown in northern Italy. The vine bears very large fruit which is used to make a very dark red wine, that, when subjected to extended skin contact during fermentation, is full of fruit flavor and low in tannins.
Read More on the Blog:
- Where to Get a Good Glass of Merlot
- Girl Scout Cookies & Calistoga Wine Pairings
- Know Before You Go: Etiquette While Visiting Wineries
- May 25 is Chardonnay Day!
- A Bloom of Rosés for Your Summer Palate
- Ask A Local: Where Can I Find the Authentic, Calistoga Winery Experience?