If the girls can getaway, why not make a “Guys Getaway” a thing as well? Grab your best bud (or group of buddies) and head to Calistoga for a 3-day ‘BRO’-cation.
- Arrive at your lodging property previously booked (check out the options HERE), such as Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Resort or Calistoga Motor Lodge & Spa.
- Get ready to explore Calistoga, beginning with a stop at the Sharpsteen Museum to get a good sense of Calistoga’s Old West history, and to view the Oscar awarded to Museum founder and former Disney executive, Ben Sharpsteen.
- Grab lunch at Busters BBQ (pulled pork or tri-tip sandwich with baked beans) and head to Old Faithful Geyser with growler of beer or a bottle of wine in-hand for a picnic (use the on-site picnic prep area for incidentals). The challenge: get the Tennessee fainting goats to actually faint.
- Head to the Calistoga Welcome Center to plan out your visit with complimentary tools that include winery maps, 2-for-1 tasting coupons, and expert suggestions from on-site staff and volunteers.
- Stop at Tank Garage Winery to fill up on unique blended wines. Then stop at Tank Garage’s sister winery, T-Vine Winery for some single varietals.
- Take advantage of Happy Hour before dinner at Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery or Sam’s Social Club for some craft beer.
- Catch some late night vibes at the local’s dive bar, Susie’s.
- Enjoy breakfast at Café Sarafornia (order the Country Fried Steak).
- Burn off breakfast calories with a hike on the Oat Hill Mine Trail and enjoy the view of Napa Valley. More options include a round of golf at Mount Saint Helena Golf Course in Calistoga or book a Sip N’ Cycle tour through Getaway Adventures.
- Ready for wine tasting? Head to Vermeil Wines and talk football with Dick Vermeil fans.
- Stop for lunch at Palisades Deli (order the Big N’ Tasty)
- Next, take a drive to Castello di Amorosa to channel your inner knight in shining armor.
- A short drive away, take a break at Bale Grist Mill for a tour and to mill your own flour.
- When you’re ready for dinner, head to Johnny’s Restaurant & Bar or Sushi Mambo (order The Diablo).
- Catch some late night vibes at the local’s dive, Susie’s Bar.