Looking for unique and stunning culinary masterpieces to share on Instagram? Look no further than the restaurants and eateries of Calistoga – not only do our chefs create beautiful, Instagrammable cuisine to satisfy your #foodie heart, you can also count on it to be delicious!
- Make your first stop the downtown French bistro, Veraison, where you’ll find traditional French cuisine in a swanky, Art Deco hotel setting. The Mount View Hotel is Instagram-worthy all on its own, for the Art Deco architecture and luxurious lobby, (not to mention the rooms), but a Boomerang of your gang toasting with glasses of Schramsberg sparkling wine at Veraison’s raw bar is a must as well!
Our pick: The seared sea scallops with blueberry gastrique. Not only are they mouthwatering good but they’re vitamin-packed and the perfect Instagram snap!
- Indian Springs Resort and Spa is one of the most Instagrammed spots in all of Calistoga and certainly one of the most relaxing. The restaurant at this historic resort, (the first resort built in Calistoga, in fact), is named Sam’s Social Club in honor of the town’s founder, Sam Brannan. You’ll find a refined yet relaxed vibe at Sam’s, whether you dine inside under the rustic, bamboo lamp shades, outside by the fire pits or gather at the bar beside the sprawling, contemporary mural that is an homage to the history of Calistoga.
Local favorite: Sam’s classic burger, though it’s the organic bone-in heritage pork chop that really steals the show, visually speaking!
- Evangeline is Calistoga’s signature French Creole restaurant, bringing a little slice of New Orleans to the Napa Valley. The interior is dark and cozy, filled with gorgeous touches to share in your Stories, while the outdoor covered patio feels lush and intimate at the same time. The atmosphere is sure to put you in the mood for romance and every dish is beautifully plated and presented. We understand if you’re too caught up in love and Cajun-food-heaven to snap a pic, but if you do take the opportunity, Evangeline will not disappoint!
Insider’s tip: Order the classic buttermilk-fried chicken and waffles at brunch – and a pamplemousse mimosa for a splash of chic color in your feed!
- Everything about Lovina is Instagram-worthy, from the old-fashioned “Great Food” sign out front, to the adorably ferocious bear that graces their menus to the divine, farm-to-table cuisine. Inside and out, Lovina is Napa Valley casual, personified.
Hot pic: The “Hot Mess” dessert is sure to make a splash on your feed – it features a flourless chocolate brownie topped with salted caramel, white chocolate, toasted coconut marshmallow, cherries and pistachio gelato!
- One of Calistoga’s most elegant restaurants, embodying the laidback luxury that makes Calistoga so unique, is Solbar, the restaurant at Solage, an Auberge Resort. At Solbar, you’ll find fresh, seasonal cuisine, plated on rustic, ceramic dishes and served in a shady, outdoor oasis.
Southern-style indulgence: The fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese are a must-try – and a must-snap!
- The ultimate Instagrammable culinary experience is the annual Calistoga Harvest Table® on the second Sunday of September. One thousand feet of tables line Calistoga’s downtown, where hundreds of guests are served fresh, elegant prix fixe meals from one of our local restaurants.
You’ll want to snap pics of every picture-perfect course and as the sun begins to set on the Palisades mountain range, ensure you capture the most picturesque subject of all: Calistoga.
Guests are encouraged to share photos of their Calistoga Harvest Table® experiences on Instagram and tag them #CalistogaHarvestTable2019 to be entered to win 2 Winter in the Wineries passports! Even if you don’t have tickets to this year’s event, feel free to come down, enjoy a glass of wine and bask in the beauty and bounty of harvest season. See you at the Table!
Be sure to tag all your posts with #VisitCalistoga and #thisiscalistoga on your next culinary excursion to Calistoga and follow @VisitCalistoga for even more Napa Valley food and travel inspiration!