A flakey, sweet, savory, and gooey fan-favorite, Work Vineyard’s Baked Brie will surely win over guests. Work Vineyard suggests serving this delightful dish as a savory dessert and pairing it with the Late Work Harvest dessert wine for a sinfully delicious finish to your meal. This wine also loves being paired with a scoop of ice cream such as salty caramel, as pictured here.
Baked Brie Cheese Wheel Wrapped in Fillo Dough topped with Rum
Sauce by Work Vineyard
• 20 sheets of Fillo Dough
• 1 Wheel Brie Cheese
• 3 Sticks Unsalted Butter
• 1 Banana
• 1⁄4 Cup Walnuts
• 1⁄4 Cup Raw Pistachio
• 1 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1⁄2 Stick Butter
• 1⁄4 Cup Water
• Berries of your choice for garnishing
• 1 tbsp Rum
• 1 tsp Grand Marnier liqueur
Melt butter on slow heat, slice banana and sauté in 2 tbsp of melted butter,
add brown sugar and water, cook for 3 minutes. Add nuts and then add
Grand Marnier and Rum. Set aside.
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Unwrap the fillo dough and gently unroll the folded sheets and lay flat
• Cover with lightly damp towel to prevent them from drying out.
• Use cookie sheet that is approximately 11X16 and brush with melted butter
• Place two fillo dough sheets in pan and brush them all over with melted
butter, Place the cheese wheel in center, using your buttered brush, wrap
the fillo dough around the cheese to the best as you can.
• Repeat the previous step turning the wrapped wheel upside down for
• Repeat until all sheets are used.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until fillo sheets are golden brown.
• Add sauce on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
• Serve with crackers and a glass of Work Vineyard’s Late Work of art in a bottle