December 7, 2019 – February 8, 2020
More info for the new season coming soon. Read on for last year’s details to get an idea of how Winter in the Wineries Passport works!
Passport Featuring Complimentary Tastings at 17 Calistoga Wineries
Calistoga ushers in Cabernet Season with the 9th Annual Winter in the Wineries Passport. Passport holders will be treated to complimentary wine tasting flights at 17 Calistoga wineries. Experience every facet of the unique Calistoga wine region, from a towering hillside castle to quaint, downtown tasting rooms.
For $60 per person, receive complimentary wine tastings at participating wineries, complimentary corkage at participating restaurants and discounts at Calistoga lodging, spas and shops. The Passport is valued at over $400 in wine tastings alone!
The 2018-2019 Passport season has now come to close. Thanks for another great year!
- August Briggs Winery
- Castello di Amorosa
- Chateau Montelena
- Clos Pegase Winery
- Envy Wines
- Laura Michael Wines
- Madrigal Family Winery
- Maldonado Family Vineyards
- Picayune Cellars
- Romeo Vineyards & Cellars
- Sterling Vineyards
- Summers Estate Wines
- Tamber Bey Vineyards
- Tank Garage Winery
- T-Vine Winery
- von Strasser Family of Wines
- W.H. Smith Wines
People’s Choice Awards Winners
The people have spoken! Passport holders voted by text for their favorite Calistoga wines and wineries for a chance to win an Instant Wine Cellar, featuring 17 bottles of wine – one from each participating winery. The winner of the Instant Wine Cellar is Melvin H. of Sonoma, CA – congratulations!
And the winners are…
Best Cabernet Sauvignon: Chateau Montelena
Best Zinfandel: Laura Michael Wines
Best Chardonnay: Clos Pegase Winery
Best Sauvignon Blanc: Clos Pegase Winery
Best Dessert Wine: Envy Wines
Most Innovative Blend: Tank Garage Winery
Best Tasting Room: Castello di Amorosa
Best Napa Valley View: Sterling Vineyards
Friendliest Winery Staff: Envy Wines
Most Informative Winery Staff: Madrigal Family Winery
How to Make the Most of Your Passport!
When you receive your Passport, you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the seemingly endless possibilities. There are dozens of possible combinations of wineries, lodging, restaurants, spas and shops you could check out while visiting Calistoga!
Which wineries should you visit first for complimentary tastings?
Which restaurants should you visit with your bottle of wine in hand for complimentary corkage?
Which discounted spa treatments should you indulge in after a relaxing day of wine tasting?
Check out our suggested Passport itineraries linked below based on your interests. Return to Calistoga throughout the program and try them all!
Other Participating Businesses
You will also find deals, discounts, complimentary corkage and more from the following businesses in the Passport:
Spa + Wellness
Individual offers apply
- Calistoga Bikeshop
- Calistoga Pilates
- Calistoga Spa Hot Springs
- MoonAcre Spa and Baths
- Mount View Hotel and Spa
Complimentary corkage on wine from Passport wineries
- All Seasons Bistro
- Cafe Sarafornia
- Calistoga Inn, Restaurant & Brewery
- Hydro Grill
- La Prima Pizza
- Sam’s Social Club
- Tanit Pan-Asian Cuisine
10% off regularly priced items
- Calistoga Pottery
- Chateau Ste. Shirts
- earth&sky chocolates
- North Star Gift Shop
- Rags to Riches
Exclusive News Media Sponsor of Calistoga Winter in the Wineries 2018-2019
Some restrictions may apply:
- Must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and redeem passport offers.
- Most wineries limit group size to no more than 6-8 people.
- Most wineries closed on major holidays.
- No shared tastings; one Passport per person.
- Once you have your Passports, please read details of individual offers carefully.
- One complimentary tasting per winery is included. Repeat visits to the same winery will not be complimentary.
KIRIN MOORE WON THE WINTER WINE GETAWAY!
- Two Winter in the Wineries Passports,
- a two-night stay at the newly-opened property, The Bungalows at Calistoga (Dec. 1, 2018 – Feb. 3, 2019 – Monday through Thursday stays only, blackout dates apply on weekends, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve/Day. Not valid with any other offers).
- a Connoisseur’s Cave tour for 2 ($120 value) at Clos Pegase Winery. This is an all-inclusive tour, tasting & charcuterie pairing to learn about the history of Clos Pegase, visit the production area and conclude at the Cave Theatre, where an intimate tasting of current release and library wines, artisanal cheese and charcuterie awaits, and
- a two-hour complimentary bicycle rental at Calistoga Bikeshop.