Below are some of the most popular questions we at the Welcome Center are asked by visitors who stop in:
- What is there to do around here? Check out our current events HERE
- Where’s a good place for lunch/dinner? Check out our restaurant scene HERE
- What winery do you recommend we visit? Check out our winery listings HERE
- Where is Bothe Park?
- Is there a place to ride horses/kayak/hike?
- Do you have a map of Calistoga? Yes! Click HERE
- What is there to do other than wine tasting? Lots! Find out more HERE
- Where can I purchase a swimsuit/trunks? HERE
- What can we do here with only a few hours to explore? Call 707-942-6333 and an expert will happily assist you!
- What exactly is a mud bath and hot springs, and where can I purchase mineral-rich mud? You can purchase mud at Indian Springs Resort in the spa. Find out more about mud and hot springs HERE
- Do you sell postcards? Yes! Stop by the Welcome Center and take a look!
- We are visiting for 3 days and want to know what “not to miss”. Call 707-942-6333 and an expert will happily assist you!
- Where is Old Faithful Geyser?
When planning your visit to Calistoga, you’ll learn a lot if you make your first stop at the Welcome Center for guidance to get the most out of a visit. The Welcome Center is easily located at 1133 Washington Street, between the stoplight and the fire station. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, call 707-942-6333 or email info@VisitCalistoga.com.
Here are 10 good reasons to stop by:
#1 – You can charge your cellphone.
#2 – Maps and rack cards are at your fingertips to offer information on shuttle services, coupons, souvenirs.
#3 – Two-for-1 winery tasting cards.
#4 – “Relax, you’re in Calistoga” is more than a motto; it’s a mindset. And you need to be resourceful to make your vacation work for you. This is where the Welcome Center comes in handy to offer you options and insights to guide you in the right direction. With relevant information at your fingertips and questions answered, you’re in good hands.
#5 – Need to print boarding passes? The Welcome Center invites you to sit down at the visitor computer to print what you need before you return home.
#6 – Receive Insider Information. Did you know Calistoga is home to a winery-turned-speakeasy on Friday evenings? Or that it is home to unique adventure spots like The Old Faithful Geyser of California?
#7 – Get detailed information on the Calistoga Welcome Center Winery of the Month displayed on a wine barrel as you enter the door.
#8 – Shop for Calistoga logo items in the Welcome Center boutique shop. Bring home a special gift or keepsake. The options are varied: sweatshirts, t-shirts, aprons, ornaments, cheese boards and everything wine related. Thirsty for water in between winery visits? Feel free to fill up your water bottle and use the facilities at the Welcome Center.
#9 – Calistoga Welcome Center welcomes your four-legged companions! There’s a treat and a water bowl waiting inside, as well as a listing of all the businesses in town that make Calistoga a pet-friendly environment.
#10 – Last, but certainly not least… meet the Calistoga Welcome Center volunteers. Many of these long-time local are well versed in Calistoga history to offer a treasure trove of information to share! These informed volunteers are the reason why Calistoga Welcome Center received a TripAdvisor 2018 Certificate of Excellence.
So, now you know. A visit to the Welcome Center will guide you on how easy it can be to relax when you’re in Calistoga. Open 7 days a week, 362 days a year, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Calistoga Welcome Center is located at 1133 Washington Street, between the stoplight and the fire station.