– Safety and Sanitation Guidelines
The Calistoga Welcome Center has always strived to be the recognized resource for community. We are proud to continue ensuring each visitor, whether a local or traveler continues to receive excellent service and valuable information about how to safely enjoy all of Calistoga as well as the rest of Napa Valley.
Here are measures we are taking to ensure the safety of employees and visitors:
Cleaning and Sanitation
– increased cleaning protocols utilizing outlined CDC steps to Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility.
– High touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. When possible, the number of high touch surfaces in use are limited (i.e. doors propped open, closed lounge areas)
– Cleaning protocols also extend to non-public areas including office spaces, restrooms, conference areas, and breakroom/kitchen areas.
– Public restrooms in the Welcome Center are currently closed.
– Equipment that is shared will be sanitized before and after each us. The use of shared breakroom/kitchen equipment will be discontinued.
– Air filters will be changed more frequently and maintenance and cleaning of HVAC systems will be increased.
Visitor and Employee Safety
– Limiting the capacity of the center to one guest inside at a time.
– Masks are required when entering the Welcome Center.
– Social distancing stickers/decals are placed where queues generally form within the center.
– Signage at the entrance of the center reminds visitors to utilize hand sanitizer
– Hand sanitizer is made available at the entrance of the center and near the counter where transactions take place.
– One entrance available, back door is to remain locked until further notice
– Encouraging non-cash transactions.
– We will offer visitor assistance via telephone, email and curbside. We have placed signage outside of/on their doors letting guests know how to connect with a tourism ambassador should they not feel comfortable entering the center.
Center Leadership and Employee Responsibilities
– Welcome Center Manger will educate all employees on safety protocols.
– Employees and volunteers are required to wear PPE while in the center and/or assisting guests outside.
– All employees and volunteers to stay home if they are feeling sick.
– Monitor guest traffic and politely ask guests grouping together to separate.
– Employees should maintain social distancing requirements whenever possible.
Below are some of the most popular questions we at the Welcome Center are asked by visitors who stop in:
- What is there to do around here? Check out our current events HERE
- Where’s a good place for lunch/dinner? Check out our restaurant scene HERE
- What winery do you recommend we visit? Check out our winery listings HERE
- Where is Bothe Park?
- Is there a place to ride horses/kayak/hike?
- Do you have a map of Calistoga? Yes! Click HERE
- What is there to do other than wine tasting? Lots! Find out more HERE
- Where can I purchase a swimsuit/trunks? HERE
- What can we do here with only a few hours to explore? Call 707-942-6333 and an expert will happily assist you!
- What exactly is a mud bath and hot springs, and where can I purchase mineral-rich mud? You can purchase mud at Indian Springs Resort in the spa. Find out more about mud and hot springs HERE
- Do you sell postcards? Yes! Stop by the Welcome Center and take a look!
- We are visiting for 3 days and want to know what “not to miss”. Call 707-942-6333 and an expert will happily assist you!
- Where is Old Faithful Geyser?
So, now you know. A visit to the Welcome Center will guide you on how easy it can be to relax when you’re in Calistoga. Open from Thursday, Friday and Saturday (closed July 4th) from 10AM-3PM, the Calistoga Welcome Center is located at 1133 Washington Street, between the stoplight and the fire station.